Monday, February 14, 2011

Sound in the Night

I heard it again last night.

Something so wonderful that I can’t complain…even though it wakes me up in the night,
often from a sound sleep.

Something I hope I never take for granted or become so accustomed to
 that I only hear it as noise in the background.

Something that makes my world complete and my heart whole.

Something that speaks to safety and well-being.

Something that I longed for most of my life and hope to bask in for the rest of my life.

I heard the voice of my Rocket Man.  He brushed the hair from my face as I lay sleeping.
He tenderly kissed my cheek and offered a prayer, whispering, “God Bless and Keep my Molli”

It happens most nights.

Sometimes I am so deep in sleep that I’m not sure if I heard it or not.
But last night, I know I did, because I wasn’t asleep. I was laying quietly,
listening to the ticking of the clock and the gentle sound of his breathing.

We have a crazy day today. We spent the weekend out of town with our grandchildren, so usual weekend chores went undone. They will remain undone for at least a week, due to the craziness today.

I suggested that we not make a big deal out of Valentine’s Day this year. Because, really…when I hear, “God Bless and Keep my Molli” almost every night of the year…I know that I am loved. I don’t need a card with a heart, flowers, chocolates or dinner.

In some small way, each day that I live with the Amazing Rocket Man…it is always Valentine’s Day.


Ed and Mollianne got married and are living happily ever after
~Mollianne

2 comments:

Annie Joy said...

This is truly touching, dear friend. I'm sure it's because he can see what's obvious -- all the good and beautiful in you. Hope you both have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Mollianne Massey said...

Very kind words, Annie. We had an atypical Valentine's Day, but a good one. Thank you.