Thursday, February 24, 2011

Godspeed, Discovery

Shuttle Discovery

There she stands, waiting at the pad as the countdown clock ticks away.

Shuttle Discovery is scheduled to launch at 4:50 p.m. tomorrow. 
STS-133 marks Discovery's last voyage into space.

I had plans, big plans, to be there to view the launch.  Not quite a life-long dream...as the Shuttle program has only been flying since my children were babies.  Not ever my dream to see the last launch of any given spacecraft.  But the dream of a lifetime, nonetheless.

Things happen.  Plans change.  Circumstances beyond our control at times close opportunities. Unfortunately, the opportunities to view a shuttle launch are extremely limited. 

I will watch from a television or perhaps my computer. 
I will pray for the crew, for mission control and for their families and friends. 

Godspeed, Discovery. 
Fly true. 
Deliver  your cargo and return home safely.

~Mollianne

No comments: