Friday, April 1, 2011

And me in my Jammies!



A party!  And me in my jammies with no makeup and my hair in a ponytail, sporting my cat-eyed reading glasses with all the rhinestones! 

It's me! 


Hi!  I'm Mollianne.  Welcome to MolliWorld, where I am the Queen of all I survey{mostly a very small bedroom in dire need of remodeling...on my extended list of things I'll get to someday}.  I'm a 50-something career homemaker who finds myself sitting behind a desk 40 hours a week wondering why I'm not at home in Camelot {yes...I live in Camelot.  Don't you just love it?}!  I'm looking forward to the possibility of retirement from that desk in the next 15-18 months.

The amazing Rocket Man


I am deliriously, happily  and blissfully married to the amazing Rocket Man {he's a real, live, honest-to-goodness Rocket Engineer} and we have 4 children {1 son, 3 daughters}between us, all grown and gone. We're happily-ever-aftering here in the Camelot subdivision. We love our quasi-empty next and the grandsons {The Boys Fantastic- Mac Attack and Boy Wonder} who spend their weekends with us.  We just ended 3 serene  years of NOT having a teenager around, since the youngest princess left her teenage years behind in 2008.  As of March 24, Mac Attack is 13 and we are in for a bumpy ride. 


The Boys Fantastic, Boy Wonder and Mac Attack

I work at The Church House as the Clergy Administrator {fancy title for preacher's secretary} and mostly love what I do there.  When I'm not doing that {and sometimes when I am} I find plenty to do.  I sing.  I read.  I write.  I occasionally make cards. I bake.  I cook.  I take pictures.  I knit a little. 

I got a .357 magnum for Christmas and I named it The Vera {because I store it in a Vera Bradley backpack in my closet}.   I think I'm very big now that I have my very own revolver.

Mollianne and The Vera
Rocket Man is my biggest hobby and I find myself lured to the couch to watch sporting events of all sorts just to sit next to him. I spend time in the garage with Rocket Man while he works on his cars {a 75 Camaro, a 65 Mustang and a 64 Falcon}. I'm working on a Junior Mechanic Merit Badge by fetching tools and turning wrenches. Sometimes, he even lets me play with the power tools!




I helped rotate the tires!

In the midst of all of that, we manage to find a lot of things to laugh about.  I guess I'm just easily amused.  Those are the things that I write about here.  I'm glad that you stopped by and hope that you have a wonderful time at the party!  Come back anytime. I'll try to always make it worth  your while.


I love smooching with the Rocket Man!

~Mollianne

33 comments:

Jeannette said...

Stopping by from the Ultimate Blog Party! It is so nice to "meet" you. Those are some handsome boys there. We're just starting parenthood with our 16 month old. My parents are loving their new grandson though! I hope you're having a great day. I'm following now so I'll see you around!

www.CraftyHippoDesigns.com

Mollianne Massey said...

Hi, Jeannette! Thank you for stopping by and for following me! I'm going to hop over and see your blog...love your name!

Marci said...

I too am from the Blog Party. You sound like fun. :) My husband wants to get me my very own pistol, but has not so far. I will be a big deal then too. :) We too are in our 50s and often wonder when the inside person catches up. I love your sense of humor!!!

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Hi Mollianne! What an unusual name you have.


Knitting blog party post


Book Review Party Post

Mollianne Massey said...

Marci and Brooke, thanks for stopping by. Brooke, I'm named for my Sweet Daddy's grandmothers, Maggie Anne and Mollie. I love my name and I love that my sister named her daughter after me.

Marci, so far...the 50s are the best! Been around long enough to sort of know what I want and occasionally have the means to do it. Let me know when you get your revolver! That picture of me was the first time I'd ever fired a live weapon and I loved it! I think we're going out to shoot some tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Happy Friday!!! New follower from UBP'11. My name is Naomi and I have a beauty blog, Miso Glamorous Beauty Blog, please check it out when you get a chance. Also I'm hosting a Vedette Shapewear giveaway and would love for you to enter http://misoglamorous.blogspot.com/2011/03/vedette-shapewear-giveaway.html
Thanks Naomi

Mollianne Massey said...

Thanks for stopping by, Naomi. I checked out your blog and am following you. I'm going to have to get to work. This UBP11 could get addicting!!

Dawna said...

Just dropping by from the UBP... What fun it looks like you get up to around here. :-) Will be following along with you in the future...

Hope you'll drop by to see me at Hiccups In Time sometime. Would love to see you there! :-)

Have a great weekend!

Mollianne Massey said...

Dawna, sometimes the fun gets me into trouble with my Adult Supervision :) Thanks for stopping by. I'm headed over to check out your blog right now...but I really ought to be working. May have to charge this day to vacation!

Anonymous said...

Hello, Mollianne!
Popping in from the UBP – it’s my first time joining and I’m excited about getting to know other Christian mommies in the blogging world! I am looking forward to reading more of your blog, gleaning from your whimsy and wisdom, and I’d love to have you come visit me, too, at http://creative-joy.blogspot.com/2011/03/joining-my-first-blog-party.html

Many blessings!
Jamie:)

Juliana said...

Hi,

Stopping by from UBP 2011. My name is Juliana and I hope you return my visit to my Personal blog or Shopping blog. Nice to meet you and see you around.

Mollianne Massey said...

Hi Jamie and Juliana1 Thank you for stopping by. I will pop in on your blogs. This has just been so much fun already! I'm so glad I joined the party. It is very nice to meet you.

Cherie said...

What a fun visit! Dropping in to meet you from the big party!

Cherie said...

Oh my goodness, after I left that first comment, I scroll up to the top of the page and see that you are TeriLynn's aunt! I adore TL! We just got to hug last weekend.

What a great family you all are!

Unknown said...

Stopping from the UBP '11! Wow! You can do it all! I hope you have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

This is a blast isn't it?! The things that TL gets us into! Have fun party hopping! And I love you bunches! FOR REAL!

Dimitra said...

Hello, I'm stopping by from UBP2011. The title of the blog is so so funny! I feel the same way, too!Hehe!
You have a lovely family :)

I'll be seeing you around! Have a nice weekend!
Dimitra from greenceramictablelamp.blogspot.com

signingcharity said...

Love your blog title. I am often amazed at my age and that I am now in the adult world, having a husband and three kids should clue me in, but sometimes I feel like I should still be a kid!

visiting from UBP11

Nancy said...

Laughed out loud and clicked "Follow" as soon as I read that you named your .357 magnum. Wandered over from UBP. I love smooching my man, too. Blessings.

Ashley Pichea said...

Glad to have "met" you through the UBP!

Visit me at: L.I.F.E. by Ashley Pichea
~living intentionally by faith everyday~

Crissyanna said...

Hi! Stopping in from the UBP and am a new follower! I like seeing ladies loving their men like that! It is an inspiration!

Muthering Heights said...

It's nice to meet you...your grandsons are very sweet!

Marci Goodwin said...

So glad I found you on the UBP! You are having lots of fun here! Love that! Great meeting you!

Paula @ Simply Sandwich said...

Hi there! Popping over from UBP'11 and SandwichINK! You are one busy gal Molliwood! :) Have a good weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from UBP'11! I love the Vera! What a name for a handgun! Cracks me up. Who new Vera could be so dangerous!

Katia said...

Hello! I'm stopping by from the UBP 2011! Nice to meet you and your family!

Bethany said...

Visiting from the UBP11-nice to meet you! It's refreshing to find a blogger who isn't in the baby/toddler/preschool stage.

Unknown said...

Stopping by from UBP 11. This is my first year at the Ultimate Blog Party and I'm loving it! Your blog is adorable. I'm at the other end of the spectrum- I'm getting married (in 6 weeks) and moving into married student housing on a tight budget. You can check out my online life at www.morganandkari.com

Kari

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Hi Mollianne,
Lovely to meet you and your blog through UPB. This is my first year and I am finding many wonderful blogs, like yours.

Fondly,
Glenda

Gg - Notes on the Journey # 269

ps. The Vera ~ fun.

Lisa P. said...

I’m a new follower from UBP11. I just wanted to say hello.

Lisa
www.LisaBlogs.com

Steph B. said...

Hopping over from UBP11! Your life sounds so fun! I love the gun part! :) I am from the country and we tend to love shooting! :) ( I out shot some men in our church last fall!)

I am now a follower! I can't wait to read more! :)

Come over and visit sometime.

www.bowmania.net

Mollianne Massey said...

Wow! I've been busy with work this week and am absolutely thrilled to have had so many visitors! Welcome one and all!

~Mollianne

Tina Hollenbeck said...

Hi! I'm visiting from the UBP - I'm #73 (Being Made New - http://tinahollenbeck.blogspot.com) on the Christian list. Very nice to get to know a little about you - and I hope you might have time to visit my place. :^)