Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Where's Molli?

My oldest grandson, Malcolm, got the 'Where's Waldo' collection for Christmas. I don't know if he's spent much time looking for Waldo, but it struck a real chord in me. Where *is* Molli these days?



Not writing blogs


Not cleaning house


Not doing laundry


Not cooking


Not walking,riding bikes or working out


Not making cards


Not taking pictures


Not at work on our first work-day of the year...home sick with bronchitis


Not even very concerned about what she's not doing



Thing is...I wish I could find Molli and get some of these things done. Not that doing things is the end-all, be-all of existence. Doing, however, is the means by which we measure our days.



I have thought a lot lately. Spent time in prayer. Been sick and taken medicine. Napped and rested and spent valuable time with my husband and parents. Riding in the car, seeing old friends and old places.



It seems like its time to re-enter the 'real world' {whatever that is} and get back to some doing. I sort of have a plan. I intend to be gentler to Molli and give her a few more breaks. But, I also intend to try to motivate her to get her butt in gear and get some things done.



Does this make sense? Is anyone else out there with me?



No New Year's resolutions, but a firm resolve to live in better health {with all that encompasses, better eating, more activity, less illness}, to engage my mind in meaningful ways and to continue to try to see the needs of others and help where I can.



God willing, and with a little help from my friends, I think I can do this.

Are you with me?



And, if you happen to run into Molli, tell her its okay to come back home!

4 comments:

Annie said...

You have such an amazing way with words!! And I bet you that Molli is off frolicking with Annie somewhere 'cause I haven't seen her for a while now!!

Mollianne Massey said...

Sweet Annie! I hope Molli and Annie are having fun wherever they are :)

Mevely317 said...

I can soooo relate, Mollianne! Hope you'll be feeling better real soon ...

Mollianne Massey said...

Thank you, dear. I am feeling much better, although still coughing too much. I have a plan to try to sort out what needs to be done and what I need to just drop. I'm afriad Laundry will have to stay on the 'to do' list :(