Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Sexiest Man Alive


I heard today that a popular magazine had named some celebrity The Sexiest Man Alive, as they do every year.  I had never, ever heard of this man.  I wouldn't know him if he walked into my office and handed me a dozen roses.

What does this say about me?  Obviously, I am not up on my pop culture, celebrity knowledge or who's who.  I think it could mean that I have squarely planted both feet in middle age.  I'm at that place where we used to say, 'if the music is too loud, you are too old.' 
Yep.  That's me.

I decided to pay tribute to my own selection of
The Sexiest Man Alive
MolliWorld style. 
And this year's
{and every year's}
 man is....
{drum roll, please}
...the amazing
Rocket Man

For myriad reasons...

...that winning smile...

...the look that accompanied the threat to disable the camera
on my phone if I took one more picture...only he didn't :)
 
...he bought me the camera, even though he doesn't like
having his picture taken...



...but was willing to ham for me when I'd had a full day of unpleasant
medical tests and was near tears....

...the man who displays patience with so many things...including launch delays...

...and this...THIS...sitting with me through thousands of miligrams of
solumedrol infusion, offering a smile, always watching over me...

...the way he loves our grandsons,
 not his by DNA, but his in love
and nurture...

...his varied interests, including old pocket and wrist watches...

...and Muscle Cars {he's inside the front of a
'65 Mustang that he is restoring}...

 
...who doesn't shave on vacation because he knows
I like the fuzzy look...

...the man of my dreams...

...who laughs with me and shares a thousand secrets...

...who genuinely loves spending time with my parents...

...who prays...

...who holds me...

...and lets me hold him...

...this man who said, 'I do' and he meant it...


...a man with deep faith, even though he doesn't always  express it in the same
ways as I express mine...



...this man, this Rocket Man who rocked my world...

...and after over a dozen years, still looks sat me with love...

This is the sexiest man alive!

~Mollianne



No comments: