Friday, January 6, 2012

Roar {5 minute Friday}



Its Friday and one of my favorite things in the blogosphere...5 Minute Friday over at The Gypsy Mama. Where we set a timer, write for 5 minutes on a specific topic with no rewrites, no edits. Just words pouring from our hearts through our fingers onto the screen. Sometimes its raw, oftentimes poignant, always a good exercise. 

The Prompt:  Roar
Go!


I hear it.
Behind me.
Stealth as it creeps.

I freeze. 
Anticipate. 
Trying  to still the drum of my heart as it pounds in my chest.

 Don’t breathe, Molli. 
Be still, Molli. 
Maybe it will go away. 
Dear Lord, make it go away. 

It creeps closer.
 Even closer, until I can smell its vile breath as it exhales.
 I stand frozen.
 Anticipating.
Unable to move.
Certain that it is about to envelope me.

It does.
With a mighty roar, I am immersed in fear.

And I fall to my knees as I am powerless to fight it.
 I whisper a faint prayer to my Father.
He is able to conquer all fear. 

He comes. 
He comes with an even greater and mightier roar.
My Savior and Redeemer comes.
He roars and fear is gone. 

Oh, how I love His roar.
Roar over me, Jehovah God.
Roar around me.
Roar through me.
Let me reverberate with the presence of your roar.


Stop

~Mollianne




3 comments:

Bekah said...

"It does." So much summed up in those two words!

Lisa Blake said...

Lovely post and the power of that roar that comes from Him. Wonderful!

TheFayon said...

I pictured the mighty roaring of the Lord in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Wonderful words again Mollianne. Five minutes? Amazing!