Monday, August 22, 2011

One of the Perks

Sometimes, it really is hard to work up a lot of enthusiasm about getting up and going to work. Any work, I imagine. This morning, I let myself into the building at 6:30am to make use of the walking track before I actually began my work day. I am fortunate to work in a building that has both a walking track and shower facilities to use to get clean after walking.Starting next month, Rocket Man will be coming with me as his basketball game is going to move to the gym here at the Church House.

Anyway, it just isn't always a joyful thought to get up on Monday morning and know that I'm coming back to the Church House, especially when I was here on Saturday for a meeting and Sunday, of course, for Worship.

I was, however, reminded this afternoon, of one of the reasons I love working at the Church House.

I was headed downstairs to use the copy machine. I walk through our Narthex to get to the stairs and as I was entering the Narthex, I heard the organ. The organ in our sanctuary is simply amazing. Someone was practicing or perhaps getting a lesson. But the notes I heard, drew me to open the door and stand quietly at the back of the sanctuary to listen.

It was a familiar piece, and I recognized it (as I'm sure you would, too) by the first 3 notes. I stood in the back and watched the light play through the stained glass and listened. I thought, not for the first time, what a blessing it is to be able to work at the Church House and be able get these little mini-concerts.

Even when it is someone practicing or having a lesson, I love to hear the music that drifts from the sanctuary into the Narthex and down to my office, if I have the door open. Just a little perk that comes with the job!

What did I hear today? Here, let me share it with you.



See...I told you you'd know the piece!
~Mollianne

No comments: